Hi, my name is Bailey. Here are some things you should know about me before we begin this ongoing conversation together:
- I am an Integrated Educational Studies major, and I am double minoring in Language and Literacy, and Leadership Studies
- I aspire to be a teacher after college and know my job will introduce me to a diverse group of students, so why not start to learn about diversity now?
From this experience, I expect to learn more about people. This is broad, but it is true. As a future educator, it is important for me to see the world from different perspectives. Hopefully, I will become a better-rounded person who can positively affect my future students. My goal is to be the cool elementary school teacher that everyone loves and wants to keep in contact with once they go to college. Maybe one student will want to become a teacher, just like me. I’m sure many of you have had this feeling at one point as well. Also, I know my writing isn’t always that great, so hopefully writing this blog will help.
What would I like to work on/ with?
- Work and write in a blog format to reach a large audience of teachers.
- Allow my personal voice to come through in my writing. This will help when I send emails to parents, teachers, or my principal.
- Learn about diverse cultures that I may not have known much about before.
- Discover how I am the same as those who I thought were different.
- Learn to look at everything from a different perspective, because nothing is ever only black and white.
I find it important to know ones identity before we teach about someone else’s identity. How can we encourage others to be themselves when we may not even know who we truly are? In order for you know where I am coming from, you should also know who I am. So, I identify myself as:
- Daughter, sister, and friend
There it is. This is me, my intentions, and my hopes for this blog.